Do you even dip? If you’ve had an insult like this thrown at you in the gym, it’s time you bought a dip stand. We’ve heard that dip stations are the new squats, which means everyone is doing them. A well-performed dip will work out your chest, shoulders, and triceps, so it’s a really useful part of a full-body workout.
In today’s fast-paced world, finding time to hit the gym several times a week seems almost impossible to achieve. For many, the solution is working out at home for convenience and time-saving. Equipment like power towers and dip stations make exercising regularly more achievable and if you choose correctly, you’ll be able to perform a range of exercises with just one piece of equipment to maintain your health and fitness without stepping foot outside your front door.
We thoroughly understand how challenging that is, especially considering the availability of lots of high-quality and poorly made units in the market. And that’s why we prepared this guide for you. Inside here, you will find some of the top best models you can buy and some factors to consider while making the purchase.
5 Best Dip Stations of 2021:
The ProsourceFit Dip Stand Station is even cheaper than the last product. The thing that stands out about this product is that it’s much shorter than the other dip stands we’ve looked at. They’ve all been over 3 feet and this one stands at just 2.5 feet. That means it’s only really suited to people that are under 6 feet. Having said that, we were still impressed with the product as a whole.
Specifically, we like the fact that the width can be adjusted and the stand is still very stable.
If we had one complaint, it’s that the pads on the handlebars are too small. You have to put your hand right in the middle of the bar if you want that padding – any tiny movement and you’ll be grabbing the metal. And, you have to place it on very even ground or it will wobble around – but that’s true of most dip stands.
- Well-built and stable
- Easy to adjust
- A bit on the short side
- Foam padding is too small
This dip station has been made with a square tube design that works to keep the entire structure stable. That’s why it’s able to handle a weight capacity of 330 lbs. We liked how there are also suction cups available on the bottom of the dip station. As a result, it keeps it very stable and flat on the ground to make sure that you can work out and remain safe.
Another one of the great safety features that’s available included the safety locknut. The locknut works to ensure that the screw stays as tight as possible. So, you’re able to avoid any nuts coming loose when using the station and causing vibration.
There are multiple ways that you can choose to use this machine as well. The exercises that can be performed include push-ups, knee raises, pull-ups, and more. You’re able to adjust the height of the power tower by using the 9 different holes that are available. The height can be adjusted between 58 – 88.6”. Therefore, it’s great for people of all heights.
- Adjustable height and foot strap
- Connecting rod, powerful and solid
- Provides safety assurance during exercise
- That’s true of anything at this price, though
The BalanceFrom Multi-Function dip station was specifically constructed for the sturdiest and most stable control on the ground. This dip stand was manufactured with heavy-duty steel, which delivers a strong stance on the ground and is able to withstand the toughest of workouts. What’s more, this equipment has an improved design implemented by BalanceFrom to guarantee maximum safety and is able to support a weight capacity of up to 500lbs due to its incredible compartments that allows optimal stability.
On top of all the great features offered by this multi-functional dip station, it also comes with an adjustable height component from 40.15 inches up to an incredible 51.18 inches, thus, making it suitable for use for those who are taller than average. What’s more, there is a suitable non-slip pad that was implemented at the base of this equipment to greatly contribute to the stability features that the dip station wields.
And as an added advantage, the machine also features a foam handle for the best grip while exercising – which subsequently ensures total comfort and prevention of pinched fingers. The overall dimensions of this dip stand make it comfortable for users to freely switch between exercises when needed. And with a width of 27.95 inches, coupled with a length of 29.52 inches, the space available is sufficient to accommodate all workout routines.
- Improved design with added stability and safety
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Foam padded handles
- Non-slip base
- It costs twice as much as the Titan
This dip station comes with the construction of high-quality and commercial-grade steel material. The rustproof coating of this dip stand also extends the lifespan of this equipment. Moreover, the anti-skid feet of this stand prevent it from sliding while performing exercises. You can use this equipment to perform a push-up and other exercises. The rubber-coated feet prevent the floor from getting damaged.
By using this dip stand, you can also strengthen the muscles of your chest, core, arms, shoulders, and more. Furthermore, this scratchproof metal construction prevents the stand from getting damaged. The padded armrests and backrest keep your hands and back from getting hurt. The sweat-proof and tear-resistant vinyl cover prevents your hands from getting slippery.
- Features consistency with high quality
- Scratch-resistant powder coat gray finish
- Equipped with tough skid resistant
- Some complaints of parts missing
Next up, we’ve got a couple of interesting budget options. The first is the Titan Fitness HD Dip Station. At just over $50, it offers great value – especially if it can live up to its own claims. One of the biggest selling features is the ‘exceptional weight capacity’ – it can support up to 750lbs, which means it could hold some of the world’s heaviest people. It’s impossible that anyone fit enough to perform a dip could be too heavy for this stand.
It also has foam-padded handles and stabilizing pads to protect the floor from damage. It might be very strong, but it won’t be as stable on the ground as the last 2 dip stands we’ve looked at. Also, quite a few Amazon customers have raised concerns about the assembly, with some missing parts. If you don’t fancy yourself as a pro assembler, you might want to give this stand a miss.
- Can handle an impressive amount of weight
- Very affordable
- Confusing assembly
- Not that stable on the ground
Dip Stations Buying Guide
In order to make a true impact on your life, working out needs to be fully integrated into your lifestyle, not just relegated to an occasional pursuit. The best way for many people to make that happen is by having workout equipment at home. If you’re looking to build up your triceps, chest, and other upper body muscles, you’ll want to consider purchasing a dip station.
With a dip station, you can increase your strength and build muscle mass by hoisting your own body weight. In order to do that safely, you need a durable dip station that is stable and strong enough to support your full weight, and then some, for when you take your exercises to the next level.
What to look for in a dip station?
There are several factors to bear in mind when choosing a dip station. The following list will ensure you purchase a station that is sturdy, durable and allows for flexibility in your workout:
- Check the load rating and ensure that it can fully support your weight. Free-standing designs have a higher loading weight and will be able to support the heaviest user, so they’re ideal if you’re going to be adding weights to your workout as well.
- Pick a station that’s made of heavy-duty steel to ensure your dip station lasts. Many stations are also powder coated to prevent corrosion and rusting, as well as padded grips to avoid blisters.
- Look for a dip station that will allow for other equipment to be added, such as weighted belts or resistance bands, so you can mix up your workouts and perform different exercises.
- Buying a lighter dip station makes it more portable and means you’ll be able to store it more easily after your workouts. Some designs can be folded while others are stackable so pick one that works best for your home environment.
Dip Stations Prices
- Inexpensive: At the lower end of the price scale, you can purchase an affordable, compact dip station for $35 to $50. These models are smaller and very basic, and they might not be as sturdy as higher-end models, but because many are two-piece units, they can be easier to store.
- Mid-range: In the $60 to $80 price range, the dip stations are one-piece units that feature a larger, more stable base. The height may be adjustable, and the stations are designed to support more weight and be durable enough to accommodate more frequent use.
- Expensive: From $90 to $150, the dip stations are typically taller units that also incorporate bars for doing chin-ups or pull-ups. These models can handle the hardest workouts and offer the most stable and versatile designs. If you want to do more than dips, this is the price range to consider. The downside to these larger models is you need a designated space in your home for one because they aren’t easily storable.
- Premium: Professional-quality dip stations cost up to $500. If you need equipment that can take a beating, you might need to consider one of these high-end models.